Celebrating Pride Month: Utah’s Historic Anti-Discrimination-Religious Liberties Legislation Six Years Later
Six years ago Utah received national recognition for passing legislation that prohibited discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in housing and employment while also protecting individual religious beliefs and religious institutions. This bill was passed with the support of the LGBTQ community and large religious organizations in the state.
This discussion will revisit this historic law, how it came to be, what it meant to the state, and what it can mean in our current political environment.
- Derek Miller, President and CEO, Salt Lake Chamber
- Governor Gary Herbert, Former Governor of Utah
- President Stewart Adams, President, Utah Senate
- Troy Williams, Executive Director, Equality Utah
- Cliff Rosky, Professor of Law, University of Utah
Date and Time
Wednesday Jun 23, 2021
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM MDT
Jun 23, 2021 02:00 PM in Mountain Time (US and Canada)
This is a virtual event.