We are thrilled that the 2020 Giant in our City honoring Governor Gary R. Herbert has been rescheduled to Thursday, June 11, 2020!
2020 GIANT IN OUR CITY
DATE: Thursday, June 11, 2020
- Gates open at 7:30 p.m.
- Entertainment & Program 8:30 p.m.
- Special showing of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade starting immediately after the program.
This celebration will be unlike any of our past Giant in our City events. An evening outside, under the stars with music, movies and fun. Additionally, Jane Powers, RN BSN will be honored with the 2nd annual Lane Beattie Utah Community Builder Award at the event.
The Giant in our City award honors those with exceptional and distinguished public service and extraordinary professional achievement, and is widely recognized as the most prestigious business award given in Utah.
- Arive early to enjoy music and cameo audience interviews hosted by Utah's own Jason Hewlett
- Guests will receive one picnic basket per car (feeds up to 2 people), with treats to enjoy before and during the program.
- After the conclusion of the Giant in our City program, guests are invited to stay for a showing of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) PG-13 | 2h 7min
- The program and movie will be broadcast on 95.9 FM in theater number 1, 92.1 FM in theater 2, 93.7 FM in theater number 3 and 99.9 FM in theater number 4.
- Audio for the event will broadcast through an FM transmitter radio. If you don't have an FM transmitter in your car you can bring a battery-operated stereo with speakers to hear.
- Parking will be assigned by the order you arrive, so get to the theater early for the best spot.
- When you arrive, follow the car in front of you and watch for staff in blue shirts for directions.
- Do not park your vehicle within ten feet of another vehicle.
- Hatchbacks that extend beyond the roof of the car must remain closed.
- Large SUVs should park in the back half of the theater, so you do not block the view of other event attendees.
- If you have a truck, it is recommended that you park backwards so that the tail end is facing the movie screen, that way you can fill the bed of the truck with pillows and blankets while you watch the movie from there.
- It is a possibility that you may not end up parked next to other guests from your company.
- If you plan to carpool, please let us know ahead of time so that we can plan accordingly.
- Do not come to the event if you are sick or feeling ill.
- If you leave your car, please observe social distancing and hygiene guidelines.
- Any open lane will get you into the event.
- Event will be held rain or shine (unless extreme weather warning).
- Speed limit 5 MPH.
- Snack bar and restrooms will be open.
- No animals allowed (with the exception of service animals).
- The Redwood Drive-In Theatre and Salt Lake Chamber assume no responsibility of injury, situations beyond their control or property damage.
As a reminder, we are working closely with the Salt Lake County Health Department and will keep you apprised with the most up-to-date health and safety protocols as it becomes available. Refer to the Chamber’s Giant in our City event website for updates: slchamber.com/giant
|THANK YOU TO THIS YEAR'S SPONSORS
||DAN & PAULA SHAW
|Brent & Bonnie Jean Beasley Foundation
||Keller Investment Properties
||Price Real Estate
Cache Valley Electric Company
Jacobsen Construction Company
Komatsu Equipment Co.
Nu Skin Enterprises Inc.
O.C. Tanner Company
Okland Construction Company
Rocky Mountain Power
Steward Health Care Systems
Swire Coca-Cola, USA
The Boyer Company
The Sinclair Companies
University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics
VCBO Architecture, L.L.C.
Western Governors University
|*Note: If your company is a member of the Salt Lake Chamber, but you are having trouble registering, it could be that we do not have your email in our system. We can help fix that. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call (801) 324-3631. Thank you for your patience. You can also complete the registration by choosing to register as a non-member until we can send you your credentials. Member/NonMember prices are the same for this event.