Going Global - Ready or Not: Media Management in a Competitive World with Bill Nixon
Mastering Media Management
Salt Lake Chamber
Professional Communications Seminar Series
Whether you're a communications professional or corporate executive, effective media management is essential for success in today's competitive world. In 2020, the Salt Lake Chamber will offer four workshops to help individuals bring together innate talents, formal training and real-world experiences to master effective communications.
From managing press relations and on-camera interviews to building powerful social networks and paid marketing strategies, media opportunities and potential audiences have never been so large and diverse, the opportunities never so great, and the stakes never so high. Beginning with the first seminar, March 6th, the Salt Lake Chamber's professional development series will help you:
- Master Interpersonal and Non-Verbal Communications
- Create Effective and Memorable Messages
- Execute Compelling Tactics within a Successful Corporate Communications Strategy
- Effectively Manage Media Relations and Even More Demanding Audiences
- Write Compelling Copy, Media Releases, Op-Eds and Speeches
- Develop Your Personal and Corporate Brand
- Drive Earned Media and Know When to Pay
- Build a Captivating Personal Presence
- Overcome Stage Fright
- Inform and Disarm with Humor
- Change Hearts and Minds with Gentle Persuasion
- Diffuse Conflicts and Crises
- Earn Genuine Influence through Servant Leadership
All seminars will provide workbooks and practical exercises, including strategic communications planning, message development, on-camera training, interview management, public speaking and negotiating techniques. Attendees with receive a certificate of completion from the Salt Lake Chamber if they participate in all four workshops.
The workshops will be led by William Nixon, Chief Communications Officer of the Salt Lake Chamber and Chairman and Chief Executive of Policy Impact Communications, a Washington, DC-based public relations and government affairs firm with operations in Europe, Asia and the Middle East. A former award-winning journalist and internationally published author, Bill served as a Reagan Administration speechwriter, U.S. Senate policy and communications director and member of the negotiating team of the North Atlantic Alliance, the parliamentary arm of NATO. Today, he and his team continue to orchestrate global communications strategies in the U.S. and abroad on behalf of Fortune 100 companies, governments, universities and industry associations.
The first workshop, Going Global - Ready or Not: Media Management in a Competitive World, will be held March 6, 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM in the Well Fargo boardroom of the Salt Lake Chamber, 175 East 400 South, Suite 600. The program will include message development, personal brand building, media management and on-camera training.