The Salt Lake Chamber is now accepting registrations for its annual Government Affairs Bootcamp. This intensive two-day bootcamp is designed for new and experienced government affairs professionals, company executives and public policy advocates to learn how to improve their effectiveness and understanding of advocating in the state of Utah.
A maximum of 20 people will be admitted to the program. Attendees will graduate with a Certificate of Government Affairs from the Salt Lake Chamber and will be able to pass the states lobbying exam and gain an understanding of federal lobbying regulations.
DAY 1: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26TH
8 AM - 12 PM
DAY 2: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND
- Introduction and Overview of Government Relations and Advocacy
- Educate vs. Advocate: Lobbying 101 and Government Affairs Strategy Development
- Ethics, Campaign Finance, Political Action Committee and Compliance
- Understanding Utah's Legislative Process and Procedures
- Elected Officials' Perspectives on Lobbying
8 AM - 12 PM
- Strategies for Multi-State Government Affairs
- Engaging with the Federal Delegation Offices
- Strategies for Regulatory Affairs
- Utilizing the Chamber to Advance Business Objectives
- Understanding Utah's Most Pressing Issues