In 2021, Utah and Idaho were named the two worst states in the country on women’s equality according to WalletHub’s “Best & Worst States for Women’s Equality” report. These rankings were contingent upon key education, health, workplace environment and political empowerment indicators.
Upon the release of this report, Zions Bank commissioned the Utah Women and Leadership Project to conduct an in-depth analysis of these findings and offer recommendations on how we can improve. This Community Speaker Series will feature women leaders in Utah and Idaho who are moving the needle on achieving women’s equality and explore ways in which we can improve the lived experiences of women in the communities that we serve.
Our panelists include:
- Abby Cox, First Lady of Utah
- Cyd Tetro, Chairman, Founder, President, Women Tech Council
- Col. Jenise M. Carroll, Installation Commander, Hill Airforce Base
- Liz Owens, CEO, YWCA Utah
- Dr. Susan R. Madsen, Founder, Utah Women and Leadership Project
- Dr. Marlene Tromp, President, Boise State University
We hope you and your friends can join us for this important conversation.