U.S. Commercial Service-Utah presents "Business Essentials: Protecting Intellectual Property - STOPfakes.gov Roadshow"
Business Essentials: Protecting Intellectual Property
STOPfakes.gov Roadshow - Salt Lake City
The U.S. Commercial Service-Utah and the Utah District Export Council in conjunction with the World Trade Center Utah and the Global Trade Center will host a STOPfakes.gov Roadshow onSeptember 10, 2019. The STOPfakes program will deliver critically important information about intellectual property to the audience that needs it most – start-ups, entrepreneurs, small and medium-sized businesses, independent creators, and inventors. The information will be presented by experts from multiple government agencies that deal with intellectual property issues.
Participants will learn:
- How to identify and protect the various intellectual property assets they have
- The mechanisms for obtaining IP protection in overseas markets and strategies for determining where they should seek protection
- How to record their mark with Customs, in order to exclude counterfeit goods from entering the United States
- How to combat counterfeits on international e-commerce sites
- Government resources available to help U.S. businesses with intellectual property issues.